Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Hopeful Sign


Hi, this is Bree. Blakeney and I are in Western New York. We got here safe and sound (although I got separated from Blakeney for awhile in the Toronto airport, which was scary because that place is huge) and are having a good and relaxing time.

Sorry we haven't blogged at all in a week or so, but we've all been crazy busy with family and holiday stuff.

I don't have time for a long entry right now, since it's Christmas Eve and we're going to church, but I just wanted to fill our blog friends in on some good news. :-)

Today when I was getting my clothes out of my suitcase, I found a pair of ballet shoes in there under my favourite flannel shirt. I was surprised, because... well, I don't do ballet. I would have no reason to bring something like that. I packed my own bag, so I didn't see why that would be in there, or how it got there. I guess it could be the dog, but April doesn't usually leave stuff so neatly, and I've never seen her carry two shoes at once. But even if it was April, why wouldn't I have seen them before this? I've been living out of this suitcase for days, and it's not that big - and the dog is back home.

I figured there was more to this, so I decided to take a closer look. When I did, I realized the shoes weren't a pair after all. The right shoe was slightly smaller, and the left shoe was significantly more worn. I flipped the side down so I could see if anything was written there; Fiona and Kaya write their names in their slippers so they won't get mixed up with their classmates' shoes, because the shoes all look kind of alike. I figured it was worth a try to see who they belonged to. 

I gasped with surprise... because the right shoe was labeled "Cecile" and the left one was labeled "Marie-Grace"! Our missing vampire friends!

I think this was a message. I think it's still too dangerous for them to show themselves - if someone else saw the shoes, they wouldn't realize it was anything besides the clothing I packed for myself, so it's less dangerous - but I think they're telling us they're both alive and safe somewhere. If they could leave something in my suitcase, they must even be pretty nearby.

We're really, really relieved. I hope they get in touch in person soon. For now, I think this is good holiday news. The other girls were right; it worked out in perfect timing for Christmas, just like a holiday movie!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all our friends! *hugs from all The Greens and The Roses*

Love,
Bree

5 comments:

  1. Salut, Bree!
    Wow! That is a fantastic sign! I'm sure that was Cécile and Marie-Grace's way of saying that they were safe and sound. Hopefully, they contact you girls soon.
    Joyeux Noël! ¡Feliz Navidad!
    I hope you girls have a great holiday.
    Bisous,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a wonderful sign, yeah, we are so happy to hear they should be alive and safe, but does that mean they are in New York?? They must be if you have not seen the shoes until now and that is where you are. Hmmm?? Oh but it is so good to have that hope that they should be fine. Phew!!

    Have fun, it was good hearing from you even if it was just a little post. Specially with such good news too.

    Happy Holidays,
    Taryn N Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's such a relief! I'm so happy for you girls. Hopefully they will contact you soon and you will all be safe. Have a wonderful Holiday!
    ~Nellie :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so great and a wonderful Christmas surprise! Merry Christmas, Green Girls!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bree says:

    Thanks, everyone! I was super relieved, and of course I called the whole family, and they were relieved too.

    We actually have some more news now... another post is in order, I think, because we've had contact. ;-)

    Love,
    Bree

    P.S. You're right, Taryn. Cécile was/is in NY too. Vampires move quickly. (Or, to quote Dracula, "the dead travel fast.") Marie-Grace currently isn't here, but Cécile has been in contact with her all along.

    ReplyDelete