Sunday, December 18, 2011

Performance Notes


Hi, this is Fiona. We're really tired, so this is going to be short. We'll write a longer entry tomorrow.

Tonight was the last night of Nutcracker! It's been an awesome but busy couple of weeks. I'm sort of sad that it's over, but sort of happy, and I'm really proud of us. Kaya did a great job, and the teachers seem proud of me, too. It was fun to be Clara, and Kaya switched between all her roles like it was nothing. All in all, it went really well. The audiences seemed to enjoy it. People clapped. Our family came to see it a couple of times and brought us flowers.

On Friday, Bree's drama club had their final performance too. Bree had planned to be backstage, because she likes the tech stuff rather than acting on stage, and at the last minute she got pulled into being the replacement stage manager! She was really nervous, but it went great. The show was a variety of holiday songs, skits, and sketches, and it was really fun. Kaya didn't get to go because of Nutcracker, but my cast wasn't on stage that night, so I got to see it. All the kids did a great job, and Bree did really well organizing it all. She's been grinning ear to ear ever since, because she made it work.

Now we're off to get some sleep! ;-)

Just wanted to fill you in about how our stuff has been going - very well! Pretty soon people are leaving for their holiday trips. For now, we're basking in successful performances. :-)

Love,
Fiona

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad your Nutcracker season went well! We don't finish for two more weeks. I had two performances today, but tomorrow is my day off. I really love being a polichinelle but I'd like to try a different role next time. Still, my pas de chats really improved this season because of Mother Ginger!

    I wish I had seen you two dance! By the way, Mama say she needs your address to send some little things for Inna, Kaya, and Fiona. Could you email it us at inkymarina@gmail.com? Let us know if it's better to wait until your holiday trips are over.

    Even better, see if you can come to NYC during your holiday trips! I'd love to show you around and take you to see a show!

    xoxo,

    Inky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on doing to well! Do you have any pictures of you in costume? I bet you guys looked amazing. Get a good rest!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiona says:

    Thanks, Inky! I hope the rest of your performances go really well! I'm glad you're getting something out of being a Polichinelle still... but I hope next year, you get to be something new.

    I'll ask Blakeney to e-mail your family. :-)

    Unfortunately I don't think any of us will make it to NYC this holiday (although if you were in Toronto or Rochester or Buffalo, you could probably have a visit with Blakeney and Bree) but I really hope we'll get to meet you someday! That would be so awesome.

    Love,
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona says:

    Thanks, Emily! Inna took some pictures with her phone, but it's new and we can't figure out how to get them off and onto the blog. ;-) She'll keep trying.

    Having a good sleep helped. Today we went to our ballet school's holiday party, which was a lot of fun and a good way to wind down from performing.

    Love,
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo happy that everything went great for you guys, wish we could have been there to see it, that would have been tons of fun. Tonight is the girls last night, and everyone will be finished performing.

    Have fun on your holiday travels, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too!!

    Hugs,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fiona says:

    Wish you could have been here, too! Good luck with your performances! :-)

    We'll still be updating the blog during the holidays, but Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you guys, too!

    Love,
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete