Saturday, October 1, 2011

Feels Like Autumn



Hi, this is Bree with another trip report.

The weather has definitely taken a turn for the chilly. No capri pants and short sleeves today! We're wearing hoodies and flannels, and taking notice of the fallen leaves. It really feels like autumn. And like Western New York.

We've been doing more visiting of relatives, and we attended an event about global issues at a local college. ("College" is different in the United States than in Canada; this was at what we would call a university.)

Next weekend, we're probably going to go down to Pennsylvania to the little summer place Blakeney's parents and grandparents share. It's really nice, right by a creek. Hopefully it'll be sunny and warm enough to go wading and kayaking, and we hope to get some pictures of our vacation fun, too.

A little over a week till we go home. Time flies when you're having fun... and we're having a lot of it! :-)

***

Now, this is Kaya, with a report from home. :-)

I got assigned a penpal! I don't know much about her except that she's my same age (twelve) and in Grade Seven like me, and that she lives in Nunavut. I also got her name and address and stuff, so I can write to her, although I don't know yet if she'll mind me sharing her name on the blog, so I'm gonna wait on that for now. I sent her my first letter talking about myself and asking her about her, so hopefully I'll hear back soon and be able to tell you more. I'm really excited to hear from her!

Also, Charissa decided to try out for the soccer team at her new school, and she made it! We're really happy for her. She's never played on a team before, but she likes soccer with her friends. I think she'll enjoy it, and that it'll help her settle into her new school and make extra friends. Yay for Charissa!

That's all the news for now!

Love,
The Greens and The Roses

5 comments:

  1. I wish it felt like Autumn here. I just packed up my shorts and sandals and now they are saying it's going to be 90 degrees tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bree says:

    Hi Rory! It didn't hit 90 all summer in Newfoundland. Maybe 80 like three or four times. We felt like we barely had a summer. That's unusual for us; we normally have at least a little summer weather.

    It was 94 one day the first week of our trip, and that's the warmest weather we've felt since the summer of 2010.

    I hope things cool off soon for you, so you get a real autumn! :-)

    Love,
    Bree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bree!

    Sorry we haven't commented in a while. We finally figured out that we can comment if we use Firefox or Google Chrome. :}

    It sounds like you're having a wonderful trip. Fall does sound nice. We went from weather in the 90s straight to pouring rainstorms. Mama and her youngest daughter are getting colds because of the abrupt change!

    I love the rain, but I'm looking forward to some cool, crisp autumn days as well. I love the beautiful reds and golds of the falling leaves in autumn...it's my very favorite season! :)

    Kaya, I can't wait to hear more about your pen pal! How exciting! :) That's great that Charissa made the soccer team, too. :) We don't really play any sports here, although I'm sure Maggie and Charlie would be interested if we did. :)

    Have a great week!

    Bree's almost twin Tess ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bree says:

    Hi Tess! It's great to see you again.

    Kaya and Charissa send their thanks. :-)

    Sorry to hear your mama and her daughter were sick. Blakeney was too. Not fun. She's better now, though, except she still coughs sometimes.

    This trip is so fun! :-)

    Love,
    Bree

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. Love the "almost twin" thing! We totally are. I'm convinced we're distant cousins or something. ;-)

    -B

    ReplyDelete