Saturday, August 13, 2011

Decision Time... Finally



Hi, this is Clare. I finally made a decision today. I'm going to let the family adopt me, and I'm going to be their official sister.

I know it probably seems weird that it took me so long to decide that. I've always liked them. They've always been nice to me. I've always wished I was a sister, not just a long-term guest. It was hard to say that, though.

For one thing, it's been awhile since I've been able to rely on other people. When my grandmother died and my family was arguing over who was going to be stuck with me, I kind of felt like I was never really going to be wanted. Even when the Greens said they wanted me to stay, it was hard to believe.

Also, I was worried bad things would happen to them because of me. I was worried they'd get hurt. I thought it would be better for me to run away so they didn't have to deal with my problems. I figured they'd eventually decide they'd had enough and kick me out or leave me for the bad vampires to find, so I should just cut my losses and make my own way before they could turn their backs on me.

When we got the threatening letter the other day, the family kept talking about what "we" were going to do. It was just assumed that I was staying, and they were going to protect me. It finally sank in, I guess. They already saw me as part of the family. I just had to decide what to do about it.

So... I decided I'm staying. I'm going to be an adopted Green. Finally. :-)

Love,
Clare

6 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!*Chucks confetti in the air*
    Good for you Clare! I know it was hard for me when I first came to live with *COUGH* Muggles *COUGH*! But they accepted me with open arms!!

    Hope those garlic bugs dont try hurting you any more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, congratulations!

    It's terrible to feel unwanted, particularly by family. I'm glad that you've a family that wants and loves you now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooooooo Hoooooo .. you finally figured it out .. good job at realizing family is more important than any bad guy and that the LOVE you as family .. we are so happy you have decided to be formally adopted and stay as a sister ..

    We were really worried about you taking off and disappearing somewhere ..

    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare says:

    Thanks, everyone! You guys are awesome blog friends.

    Even though they'd offered more than once to adopt me, for some reason I felt really nervous asking. Like, what if they suddenly rejected me after all. They didn't, though. They were happy and hugged me.

    I'm so glad that I'm loved, and that I have a family. I'm not going to try to disappear. I don't need to disappear anymore. I finally feel whole again.

    Love,
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! That is great news. We know you will be really happy.

    Mac & Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare says:

    Thanks, Mac and Angelica. I think I'll be happy, too. I already am. :-)

    Love,
    Clare

    ReplyDelete