Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Summer's Birthday



Hey, everyone! This is Summer. :-)

I know I've been lazy and said "I'm twelve" on the blog, but I was actually almost twelve. I have a summer birthday - thus my name - and my special day was today.

As one would expect for a birthday, I got presents! I got money to put toward my horse fund (still going to be saving for awhile...) and also some cool stuff to open. I got a yoga mat, and a yoga jacket and pants outfit; that's really cool because I never had a real outfit for it before, I just wore sweats. I also got a new tank top, some purple capris, and purple shoes with bows - can you tell purple is my favourite colour? Plus I got a cool watch with a white band and flowers on it. What a great birthday! :-)

It's raining really hard today, so I had an indoor celebration. I had a few friends over in the early afternoon and we watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One. Then my friends went home and we had family time. We ordered pizza for supper and ate with The Greens. It's been really fun.

Since it's my birthday, I've been kind of thinking about something. I've been thinking it would be kind of interesting to find out about my biological family, and maybe meet some of them. I wouldn't go live with them or anything - I already have a home, and my family is my family now - but it would still be cool to know them, or at least know about them. It's still just a thought, though. I'm not sure how Inna and Maia would react... or Kiwi. Even if Kiwi wanted to, and I don't know if she does because I haven't really asked, she would probably never be able to find her biological family because she was originally adopted from China before she got sent to Canadian foster care. Would she feel bad if I did and she couldn't? I'd still really like to know, though...

I haven't made any decisions yet, and I'm not sure if it would even be possible to find anything out, but I'm still thinking about it. Now I'm off to enjoy the rest of my birthday! ;-)

Love,
Summer

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Summer! 12 is an awesome age. If I was in your position I don't think I would try to find my biological family. I mean, you have a family now that loves you and has taken care of you. I don't think I would want anything to take away that happiness. I don't know where my dad is and I have no desire to find him. Though it is a little different for me because I know what a jerk he is. It's definitely a hard decision to make.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer says:

    Thanks, Emily! Being twelve is fun so far! :-)

    I can see why you wouldn't want to find your dad. I wouldn't either, if I were you, since he was abusive to your family.

    It's just hard sometimes not knowing anything at all. I haven't seen them since I was a baby, so I have no memories of even what they looked like or anything.

    That said, my biological family may not be the nicest people either. I mean, I did get taken away and put in foster care, and that doesn't happen for no reason. They didn't abuse me - I was neglected - but that still seems like they wouldn't be the most healthy and stable people.

    Maybe they've changed in the past eleven or so years? But maybe they haven't.

    At least I don't have to decide anything today. I can go on thinking about it before I choose.

    Love,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday from the land of the Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer says:

    Thanks, Naia and Rory! :-)

    I had to look up what a Rock Chalk Jayhawk was. I had no idea!

    Love,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome new header!! Love to see all the editions to your fam and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer says:

    Thank you! We decided it was time to represent everyone. :-)

    I had trouble making the "me" one, though. None of the options really looked like me. I actually have lighter skin than that, but I wanted to reflect my actual heritage. At least the curls and the yoga mat are right!

    Love,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking up your family is a hard decision .. sometimes you can find out and be happy with it and then sometimes it might be better not to know .. you have to be prepared for anything

    ReplyDelete
  8. got to talking and forgot to say

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summer says:

    Yeah, it's hard to know what to do.

    Thanks for the birthday wishes! :-)

    Well, I got up the nerve to tell my older sisters (Inna and Maia, who have custody of me) what I was thinking about.

    Maia suggested that we write to the Children's Aid Society that placed me and find out if they have any information. If we can get some more info, that will make it easier to decide whether to try to make contact, or just let it go at knowing a little more than I do now.

    I'm pretty happy with that solution, so Maia sent the letter today.

    Love,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete