Monday, August 22, 2011

Kiwi's World!



Hi there! My name's Kiwi! This is my very first blog post.

I am ten years old, and I'm in Grade Five. My favourite colours are pink and purple. My favourite subject at school is recess... just kidding! My real favourites are science and art. I take gymnastics and acrobatics classes after school. It's really fun! When we saw Cirque du Soleil, I decided I wanted to do that someday. (Or maybe I'll be a scuba diver, or a paleontologist. I'm still deciding.)

My full name is Caroline. When I was little I was called Carrie, but I pronounced it like "Kiwi," so that name stuck. I was adopted from China when I was a toddler, but it didn't work out and I was a foster kid in Canada. That's how I met Summer and Maia. I'd like to go back and visit China someday, to see what it was like. There are a lot of other places I'd like to see, too.

Oh, and I'm a cat sometimes! Like Summer. I look like a tiger when I turn into a cat, though, and she's more like a small lion.

I went to camp this summer with Evelyn and Charissa and it was so fun! My group at camp wrote a little musical, and I got to be the star. It was also fun to sleep in a cabin, go hiking, make crafts, and have campfires. Me and Evelyn taught Fiona how to swim in the lake, because Fiona was a really bad swimmer before.

Now you know all about me, just like you know about my sister Summer. It's nice to meet you! If there's anything you want to know about me that I forgot to say, you can ask! :-)

Love,
Kiwi

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lot of fun at camp .. that is neat that you turn into a cat sometmes .. do you know is there a reason that you turn into a cat .. are you supposed to do something while you are a cat .. i am very interested ..

    Brya says to tell Claire that she is not sure how different it is to be 1/2 vampire because she never was around a full vampire to know .. she can ask questions and Brya will answer her ..

    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwi says:

    Hi, Taryn!

    I never really thought about having a "reason" to turn into a cat. I'm just kind of used to it. I can't remember a time before I could. I can control when I am a cat, although I have to do it at least sometimes or I get really antsy and my skin gets itchy. I guess I just was born that way. Summer and Maya are the same.

    I'll tell Clare about the vampire thing. I'm sure she'll have lots she wants to ask.

    Love,
    Kiwi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiwi says:

    When people delete their comments, it always leaves Blakeney very curious...

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kiwi! It's great to meet you! I love that you turn into a cat sometimes! It's so cool! Tell Summer hi! You girls must be having a great time when you turn into cats!

    It sounds like you had a lot of fun at camp; I love making crafts, and have campfires.

    Is Fiona now able to swim alone? I like to swim in a pool but the sea scares me! Maybe someday I'll try swiming in it.

    Love,
    Ava

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiwi says:

    Hi, Ava! It's nice to meet you, too.

    I said hi to Summer for you, and she says hi back. :-)

    I think turning into a cat is super fun, but Summer is self-conscious about it. I think being different makes us special, not weird, but Summer isn't sure.

    We definitely had fun at camp!

    Fiona is able to swim without help now, but none of us are allowed to go in the water by ourselves because it would be dangerous if something happened. Us younger kids have to have an adult or at least one of our teenager sisters to supervise us.

    Fiona practiced hard, though, and she's almost as good at swimming as me and Ev now! Pretty good for just two weeks!

    We don't really go swimming in the sea because the water is very very cold here in Newfoundland. They have a lake at camp, and that's where we swam.

    Love,
    Kiwi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kiwi! It was really interesting to read about you! That's pretty cool that you can turn into a cat. Were you born that way, or did something change you? And also, I had wondered about the name Kiwi... cute origin! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, another Kiwi from China? Our little Guardian was adopted from China and one of the girls from her same orphanage is named Kiwi. How wild is that? Little guardian got to visit China when she was four and met her new sister...but wants to go back since she's older now. I loved reading all about you. Love the connection from our family to yours!

    Love,

    Juliette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kiwi says:

    Hi, Lucy! Thanks! :-)

    I've been able to turn into a cat as long as I can remember. Maia thinks it's genetic, but we're not sure because the three of us who can be cats didn't really know our biological parents for very long.

    Sometimes people who hear my name think I'm from New Zealand, but I think of it like the fruit! ;-)

    Love,
    Kiwi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kiwi says:

    Hi, Juliette! :-)

    Wow, that is a cool coincidence! How did that Kiwi get her name, do you know?

    It's cool that your little guardian got to go to China. That must have been a very interesting trip! I hope she gets to go back someday now that she'd understand more things.

    When I grow up I might want to adopt a child from China, too. How cool would that be, if me and my future daughter were both from the same country?

    I'm glad to find we have connections, too!

    Love,
    Kiwi

    ReplyDelete